TANZANIA Media is currently looking for a person with a background in economics to handle matters related to writing articles and news features about economic issues in the country.
• Producing concise and accurate content according to the media house style and strict deadlines
• Seeking out and investigating stories via your contacts, press releases and other media.
• Attending press conferences and asking questions
• Working closely with the news team, graphic designers and editors
• Creating and uploading news content for the website
• 'Live' online reporting or real-time blogging when covering important events
• Building contacts to maintain a flow of news, for example, police and emergency services, local council, community groups, health trusts, press officers from a variety of organizations, the general public, etc
• Good command of English with strong writing and very computer/online savvy
• Must be well versed with various social media platforms
• Planning, Organizational and Staff Management skills
• General understanding of current events
• Be able to work under pressure.
• Strong editing and proofreading skills
• Background in Economics &Finance would be an added advantage
• Should have an academic background in Journalism or have published material either on mainstream news or on various platforms (in Kiswahili).
If you meet above requirements, please send your cover letter (clearly indicating preferred position) and latest Curriculum Vitae (You should not attach copies of certificates or transcripts) through email to reach us before 25th January, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.