Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee all activities of the project including managing and supporting team and coordinate project work across PATH, partner staff and Government secondees.
- Plan, direct, coordinate and lead activities of Data Use Partnership project to ensure that goals, objectives and all elements of the project are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Facilitate development of strategy, translation of strategy into action plans, overall coordination of activities and their implementation, resolution of issues, and communication of project information.
- Manage the planning and execution of project work, including ensuring that the workstreams of multiple teams are on track, playing a key internal leadership role to ensure efficient management of donor resources, and ensuring completion of milestones. Work closely with the government, donor and stakeholders to understand critical issues impacting implementation success across the project and oversee the development of clear, timely messages and support.
- Monitor project indicators to determine impact, including developing Key Performance Indicators and Program Management goals. Review policies and procedures, identifying gaps and setting benchmarks to ensure effective project implementation, communication, monitoring and reporting.
- Prepare timely donor and internal reports, including reports to the PATH Digital Health Regional Director.
- Facilitate technical meetings and workshops, particularly those involving senior level stakeholders.
- Support the Government to coordinate implementation of the overall national Digital Health Investment Roadmap, including supporting resource mobilization efforts and donor coordination.
- Ensure close Government involvement in and ownership of the project.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the Government of Tanzania, implementing partners and publicly represent the project and its values.
- Represent the project in several international forums, conferences and committees related to project’s core mission.
- Work closely with PATH team members and the Gates Foundation to communicate challenges, bottlenecks, solutions and successes and generate required reports and other deliverables as needed.
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Health Informatics or Project Management or any other related field.
- Masters Degree in Business Administration,Strategic Management or Project Management.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant work experience in health related project, including minimum 5 years in senior project leadership roles.
- Demonstrated experience working closely and successfully with Tanzanian Government.
- Substantial experience in and knowledge of the health sector in Tanzania.
- Excellent understanding of digital tools and systems in the health sector (digital health).
- Excellent understanding of health data management and use.
- Capable leader bringing diverse stakeholder groups together to achieve a common vision.
- Experience organizing and facilitating meetings; adept at bringing diverse opinions together to achieve consensus and drive results.
- A proven track record of building and sustaining effective partnerships with national, regional and district government at senior levels, donors, partners, and relevant project stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience as a project manager overseeing virtual teams composed of diverse professional staff.
- Strong track record of managing milestone-based projects to achieve strong results within budget and time constraints.
- Experienced motivator of teams, able to support the “human side” of implementations, including fostering an environment supportive of large scale behavior changes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and oral communication skills in Kiswahili.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Location: Dar es Salaam, , Tanzania
Company Location: Tanzania, Dar es Salaam
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular