PATH in Tanzania seeks to recruit a Senior Data Use and Capacity Building Officer to oversee and coordinate data use activities for the project, he/she will be based in Dar es Salaam. The project consists of three packages of work:
- Working with the Government to put in place and support effective governance and coordination processes for the investment roadmap as a whole.
- Demonstration of instituted data use practices including through use of digital tools by primary care workers, facility supervisors and health managers.
- Supporting data consistency and exchange through enterprise architecture, including through a health worker registry and an administrative area registry.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Take lead in identification, testing and development of data use interventions to facilitate cost effective and sustainable data use in the health sector.
- Lead on the design and oversee the implementation of cost effective long-term capacity development strategy including all project-related activities targeted at capacity development to Governmental, non-governmental and implementing partners.
- Provide strategic technical guidance and direction to the project in collaboration with partners to ensure alignment with the latest technical information, evidence and approaches in the data use field.
- Take lead in coordinating the design, testing and development of tools and training materials to foster the use of data for health program design and management.
- Work in close collaboration with Digital health specialist and Governance and Policy officer to influence the use of data in decision making to all health related programming in the Country.
- Work with stakeholders to identify key programmatic decisions, conduct data analysis, and disseminate the data using audience-appropriate communications strategy.
- Serve as a liaison between the government, project and all partners implementing capacity-building activities.
- Coordinate and oversee the implementation of all capacity building partners in planning, monitoring and evaluation of the capacity building activities.
- Degree in Community development, Education training, Sociology, Social-work and any related field, preferably Masters level or Higher.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant work experience in capacity development activities, including minimum 5 years in capacity development management. Demonstrated experience working closely and successfully with Tanzanian Government.
- Substantial experience in and knowledge of the health sector in Tanzania.
- Experience organizing and facilitating meetings; adept at bringing diverse opinions together to achieve consensus and drive results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships and interact persuasively with national, regional and district government at senior levels, donors, partners, and relevant project stakeholders.
- Good and proactive organizational, prioritization and workload management skills.
- Excellent IT skills, in particular including a good understanding and experience of Microsoft Office Products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to work without direct supervision and on own initiative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and oral communication skills in Kiswahili.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Location: Dar es Salaam, , Tanzania
Company Location: Tanzania, Dar es Salaam
Position Type :Full-Time/Regular