SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT OFFICER
To render and maintain an effective and efficient procurement function that will ensure value for money when acquiring assets, goods and services.
· Planning delivery timetables
· Ensuring stores have enough stock
· Making sure suppliers have enough stock to meet demand
· Overseeing the ordering and packaging process
· Tracking products through branch offices to make sure they arrive at their destination
· Facilitate supply chain management.
· Monitoring the implementation of supply chain policies.
· Ensuring compliance with different statutory legislation.
· Assist in the organisation’s procurement functions.
· Contract Management.
· Asset Management.
· Daily management of incoming requests from end users ensuring timeous turn around
· Conduct monthly demand planning to determine the needs and requirements for good and services.
· Compile procurement reports for internal and external stakeholders.
· Good team leader
· Plenty of initiative and can work unsupervised
· Knowledge of geography
· Good communication skills
· Attention to detail
· Ability to use spreadsheets, databases and other IT programmes
· Writing skills
· Ability to remain calm under pressure and make decisions quickly
· Integrity and the ability to deal with confidential information are essential
· Excellent verbal communication skills.
· Financial management skills.
· Planning and organising skills ability.
· Efficient and accurate with attention to detail
· Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Finance/ Procurement / Supply Chain Management qualification with 3 years experience in the supply chain management. A degree on the same will be an added advantage
· Understanding and sensitivity towards previously disadvantaged communities.