Sickle cell Programme is a research programme in the Department of Haematology and
Blood Transfusion at Muhimbili University of Health & Allied Sciences (MUHAS) in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania. The programme conducts biomedical research, supports health care, Advocacy and training. The Sickle cell Programme is currently having a volunteer position for highly motivated and result driven individual interested in working in the health sector.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily management of the research data capture systems used by the main MSC and nested projects including clinical trials.
- Ensure safe backup and restore of production and development back-end environment
- Design and implementation of quality control procedures to ensure the accuracy and integrity of data collected.
- Data migration between legacy and new database systems.
- Design and implementation of procedures for data cleaning, validation and integrity checking.
- To implement all data management policies which include: data cleaning, validation and storage
- Perform and prepare data for statistical analysis and generate routine reports from clinical and laboratory surveillance and as required for clinical trial audits.
- Extraction of data from various data sources in response to research needs
- Line-manage data clerks to ensure procedures are being followed and to ensure the collection of high quality accurate data.
- To support the first line IT support person to ensure the correct implementation and maintenance of all Sickle Cell Programme hardware and network and access rights to database and shared file servers are maintained and meet changing requirements.
- Be responsible for ensuring all documentation of procedures (SOPs) and actions in relation to data collection, management, extraction and analysis are followed and filed appropriately, and ensure that that all other staff line managed by this position or who are conducting these activities have sufficient understanding and knowledge to conduct these activities appropriately.
- Assist Data Manager in recruiting and mentoring data staff, performing appraisals, and coordinating training.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- B.Sc./BA, preferably M.Sc. in Computer Science or Statistics, Biostatistics or related discipline
- 1 -2 years’ experience in similar position preferably in a health related project.
- Communication: a. Excellent communication skills; b. Ability to write clearly; c. Ability to use e-mail, Internet, data scanning
- Data Monitoring and Evaluation: a. Data monitoring and evaluation experience; b. Data cleaning experience; c. Thorough understanding of SQL and relational databases; d. Experience with MySQL RDBMS
- Networks and Hardware: a. Network administration experience; b. Hardware support experience; c. Ability to troubleshoot and identify hardware and network problems.
This position will be on full time basis. Applicants should send their CV’s, scanned copies of transcripts/certificates and a cover letter outlining their suitability as per the job description to: firstname.lastname@example.org or address it to: Principal Investigator, Sickle cell Programme, P. O. Box 65001, Dar Es Salaam by 16:30 PM on Friday, 18th August, 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. “Sickle Cell Programme is an equal opportunity employer”.